Welcome to CARMA’s Webcast Lecture
Mar. 3, 2023
Dr. Andrew Knight, Washington University in St. Louis
Methods for Collecting and Analyzing Data from Zoom Meetings
12:00 PM – 1:30 PM ET
Dr. Andrew Knight is the Vice Dean for Education and Globalization, and a Professor of Organizational Behaviour at the University of Washington in St. Louis. Dr. Knight is passionate about learning how people can best work together with one another. His current focus is on improving people’s virtual collaborations. In 2017, Dr. Knight received the Small Group Research, Reviewer of the Year Award. His recent published intellectual contributions are as follows:
- Ziegert, J. C., Knight, A. P., Resick, C. J., & Graham, K. A. (2022). Addressing performance tensions in multiteam systems: Balancing informal mechanisms of coordination within and between teams. Academy of Management Journal.
- Knight, A. P., Greer, L. L., & de Jong, B. (2020). Start-up teams: A multi-dimensional conceptualization, integrative review of past research, and future research agenda. Academy of Management Annals.
- Gray, S. M., Knight, A. P., & Baer, M. (2020). On the emergence of collective psychological ownership in new creative teams. Organization Science.
In the wake of a global pandemic that has driven knowledge workers out of the office and into their homes, more teams than ever are relying on virtual meetings to coordinate their work. In this presentation, I describe a multi-pronged research program geared toward understanding and enhancing virtual meetings. This research program comprises three primary objectives. The first objective is developing and validating software to unobtrusively capture indicators of group dynamics and interpersonal relations during virtual meetings. The second objective is to use these unobtrusive measures to identify drivers of virtual meeting effectiveness. The third objective is to use these results to inform a feedback platform that enables meeting leaders to improve their virtual meeting facilitation skills.
Rather than a paper, this presentation will revolve around a software package, which is accessible at http://zoomgroupstats.org.
- No registration is needed.
- Login to your CARMA account.
- Once you login, you will see a section “Active Meetings” under the “Access Live Events” tab.
- Access link will be available one hour before the event in this section.
Quick Chat with Dr. Andrew Knight
Upcoming CARMA Events
- Webcast – Mar. 24, 2023 – Dr. Jane Le
- Webcast – Apr. 14, 2023